Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What interests you?

I have been thinking on what really attracts the bloggers to a blog site and it really beats me. Is it the template or the visuals or is it the topics or something else?

Quite a few times I have come across some well written poetry and only to find out later that some blogger has commented that the stuff was plagiarised from some one or some lyrics from a song. I guess due credit should be given to whomever we take the stuff from. Even I post stuff from the net but I make it a point to put down on the footnote that I have copied the stuff and the source.

Having cleared that, now what really interests you? I can't be writing about stuff that happens to me all the time and these days nothing interesting really happens. I guess the other problem I have is that I might be having too many blog sites to really post anything of substance. I have another blog titled "sukku" and I keep updating it all the time and leave this blog for something that I want to voice out from my heart and by the looks of it I guess I am being heartless....as I haven't been updating anything for a long time.

I was busy trying to do something with the template but just couldn't proceed further, afraid that I might screw up my blog up and the fear of losing whatever I have done so far. Anyway I am lucky that another blogger has offered to help me with making the changes to my template.

I wouldn't mind if anyone could let me know what attracts other bloggers to their blogs, is there a magic formula or am I barking at the wrong tree.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually get hooked on to blogs that has humor. When I go blog hopping, I look for well written topics. And, I enjoy reading about things happening to people than read some topic on rocket science.
Hey, I managed to apply a new template.

Sukku said...

Your template is cool and I should be taking lessons from you. Have you visited my other blog
http://blogger-sukku.blogspot.com/ as I spend a lot time there...even I like reading about situations and experiences but I prefer something not to short or to lengthy..humour is what I like too....

Pinku said...

hi!

quite a difficult question you have asked.
I think the only way to write is to write from the heart and you are sure to touch hearts somewhere.

Most importantly write for yourself. Create your own niche style. Dont try to please everyone remember the story of the donkey and its owner and his son?

Sukku said...

Pinku@Thank you...and I do believe what you have said...

"...to write is to write from the heart and you are sure to touch hearts somewhere".

Monika said...

hmmmmmm tough one to answer... see it all depends on how and what is wriiten... there are some people who write abt the lamest of the topics but it still strikes a chord with u

there could also be a thing of relating with the other bloggers... like all mamma bloggers reading each others post to see what others kids are doing, the photo bloggers trying to appreciate photos and take tips, travel lovers sharing travels, techie code cracking tips... phew i can go on and on and on....

:)

Sukku said...

monika@ Thank you so much in sharing with me your thoughts. I guess it really depends on what the others are looking at. But I hope I can connect with the bloggers in some way or rather...

Thought Room said...

Hi

Thanks for visiting. That is a good way of getting people to see what your blog is all about. (Thought I am the wrong person to give an opinion here)..I guess time helps, the more one posts, and more often, and on a wide range of subjects, the more the blog attracts.

Sukku said...

Thought room@ Thanks for your comments. Hope to see you at my other blog

http://blogger-sukku.blogspot.com/

Aleta said...

Humor has a lot to do with, along with a heart felt message. Questions that a blogger can answer in comments helps as well. But mostly, I think it's a social thing. You go to a site and post a comment, if YOU like the blog and then, generally, that blogger will respond in kind.

Sukku said...

Yes I totally agree with you and I like to read a blog with humour in it too.

The Insane Writer said...

I often find designs to be interesting. But more often it's the topics.

Sayani said...

it depends
some get attracts to colors some to poetry some to intellectual write ups and some sheer entertainment...

so really hard to categorize one.
i am for attractive write up it may be story a poem a sketch ...but shud have some message in it....

keep well
:)

Sukku said...

Sayani@thanks for visiting my blog and also for your valuable input. I guess the layout is important and also the contents. Churning out blog after blog on a regular basis I guess it gets a bit tiring.
Take care and keep well.

Reflections said...

I really dont know abt others but I like a page with clear fonts & lucid text. It cd be anything but it shd make sense....a bit of humour, sarcasm, varied topics tho not politics;-P.
Appreciation in the form of comments will also get u a lot of traffic but thts short-term only coz if they dont relate to ur content then they wont be back.

Ashley C. said...

I guess I can't really say what attracts more bloggers, per say, because I don't have many followers, but what attracts me to other blogs? Natural writing. Writing that doesn't try to be something it's not. I like when bloggers blog about life and their experiences . . . not fluffy, "cute" writings. :-]

Sukku said...

Asley welcome to my blog!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and you have a really good day...God Bless