Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bad night

Yesterday I attended the 25th wedding Anniverasary of a friend in a five star hotel. He is a Gujurati and the function was fun and colourful. I took a few snap shots on my ppc phone, but I don't think they turned out that good.


At 2.00 p.m., there was a powercut in my place and I thought it was a routine cut, by 6.00 p.m, there was no sign of power and I called my neighbour Lynette, who happens to be staying upstairs, to only wake her up from her sleep, she came back late this morning from her work at the call center. Anyway I asked her about the powercut and to my surprise, she had power. Well what did I do wrong this time, did I burn the fuse or something. I called the electrician and he came over by 6.30 p.m. and checked the wires and informed me that the previous electrician had done a screwed up job. But the snag was that there was no supply to my meter from the Electricity Board and also my next door neighbour confirmed this as she didn't have suppy to one of the phase. Thank God I didn't burn or melt any fuse this time.


Meanwhile, I was running late for my function that I had to attend, on my way I bought a nice bouquet of artificial flowers (for the function) done very well, why give natural flowers, when after 3 days you have to throw it away.


I picked up my friend at his house and we went to the function together and I guess I had one too many to drink of Johnnie Walker Black label, as I was by that time trying to drown a piece bad news that I received. Well I guess, there is nothing that I can do about it now.


We left the function by 1.30 a.m., dropped my friend in his place and it was a long drive for me, lucky I had my driver with me as I guess I wasn't in the condition to drive back.


Reached home about 2.30 a.m., and to my surprise, the damn power wasn't there. Well what am I going to do in the blistering heat of about 31 degrees Celcius. I opened my bedroom windows, as it has a screen to prevent the mosquitoes from coming in, and also I would get some breeze. I lighted a mosquito coil and hit the bed. I was sweating profusely and I was really angry, with the Electricity Board, and the power came back at 7.15 a.m., this morning. Maybe it was because of the drinks that I was able to sleep in the furnace and if the mosquito had bit me, then it would have crashed somewhere as it would have been too drunk to fly.


I hope there would be no more of this extended power cuts as I had to throw out my cooked food, the mutton, chicken and the prawns that I had kept in the freezer for at least 15 hours without power. Why take risk of solmenella poisoning from the decomposing meat and cooked food.


To top up the bad night, I am having a slight hangover and a depressed feeling with regards to last nights bad news.

No comments: